
Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.
In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute was located here.
Many call this building the “Architecture
Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.
Later, the Architecture Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction
Institute and moved to another building.
Currently, the National Center for Human Rights
of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.
The building has been reconstructed, with window
frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

The mosque was built in the 15th century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Sama...

The beautiful, historic brick building located at the intersection of Istiqbol and Shahrisabz Stre...
The first regular passenger flight from Tashkent to Almaty opened in May 1924. In the 1930s, the f...

The Central Telegraph building is one of the most beautiful in Tashkent. It is part of the “Stalin-...