
The residential building on the former Pushkin Street was built in 1931 according to the design of architect K. Babievsky. The house is a representative of constructivism, drawing attention with its unusual appearance. The central entrance faces the road, while the others open into the courtyard. This was the first residential building intended to be equipped with an elevator, and only in the central entrance; installation began, but the idea was abandoned.
According to residents’ recollections, the
Tashkent Soviet Executive Committee rejected the house design, but due to the
transfer of the capital to Tashkent, employees of the Cotton Research Institute
needed urgent housing, and there was no time to revise the project.
The building was brick and unplastered,
remembered by everyone as dark and soot-covered. During the street’s
reconstruction, it was “refined” by decorating the balconies with alucobond,
losing its original brutal appearance. The old brickwork can still be seen in
the courtyard — only the front facade was refined.

In the spring of 2011, the Navoi Fair was demolished, and construction of eight seven-story reside...

In 1901, the Treasury Chamber received its own building, specially constructed by architect V. S. ...

The beautiful, historic brick building located at the intersection of Istiqbol and Shahrisabz Stre...

The Yaushev brothers, merchants from a Tatar princely family, built a trading house in 1911 based o...