
The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of Justice, was built in the constructivist style in 1927 by architect G. Bauer.
Over the years, various organizations were
located in the building: initially, it served as a dormitory for students of
the Central Asian Communist University (SACU), later it housed the Stalin
Higher Communist Agricultural School. During World War II, a hospital was
located here, followed by a party school. In the 1960s–1970s, the kolkhoz
archive operated here.
Unfortunately, the building’s appearance is
marred by awnings, glazing, and other structures unacceptable for a
constructivist-era architectural monument.

In 1894, the first real school was opened in Tashkent. These schools were called "real" because, un...

The Central Telegraph building is one of the most beautiful in Tashkent. It is part of the “Stalin-...

The beautiful four-story houses on Beshagach Square were built in the early 1950s according to the ...

The conventional list of Tashkent's patron saints traditionally begins with Al-Kaffal al-Shashi, a ...